While every day should be a day to say I love you, Valentine’s Day is the perfect occasion to do a little something extra for the people you love. Whether it’s a romantic partner, a family member or a close friend, Valentine’s Day can be a day of appreciation and affection in so many ways. If you aren’t in love, celebrate with the girls by curating your own Galentines Day celebration. If you’d rather hang with your friends, host a Palentines Day dinner and share the love. However you choose to celebrate, the evolution of this holiday has shown how much people want to feel loved and celebrate the love they have in their lives. February 14th is quickly approaching- so we wanted to share 8 of our favorite crafts that say I love you in a creative way. It’s true that all you need is love- but a little crafting now and then never hurt.
1. Keep it classic with a card: There is no better way to say I love you than by actually saying I love you. While extravagant gifts are nice, the most classic Valentine gift of sweet words expressed in a card is timeless. Make it even more special by crafting the card instead of buying one at the store, and we guarantee your significant other will cherish it forever.
Here is one of our favorite bundles that will help you to craft countless one of a kind cards and mix things up:
2. Dress up their front door for the occasion: Valentine’s Day might not call for decorating a tree or carving pumpkins, but there is still plenty to decorate for. One of our favorite crafts as of late has been the popular porch leaners. Whether creating it for your own home or gifting it to a friend, a porch leaner is the perfect way to set the mood for the holiday and add some sparkle to your entry way. Here are a few perfectly crafted Valentine gnome leaners that the ever so talented Heather Stuckey created. It is safe to say that any Valentine would love to receive one of these!
3. Make it plushy with a pillow: For the person who has everything, a throw pillow is always a great addition or your home. It can be Valentine’s Day themed, or one that can stay out all year long. We love how any crafter of any experience level can take on this project and make something so special for someone they love. Here is a pillow shared within our WallCutz Facebook Community by the talented Brenda Allen Davis.
4. Welcome your love with a doormat: Say hello to one of our favorite new stencils, and the perfect partner to the porch leaner we recommended above. Doormats are a staple at every house for any holiday, and something you can never have too many of. We love a gift that is practical, but also uniquely thoughtful because you made it yourself. Choose from dozens of our doormat stencils to find one that you love- and just in case it is this one, here’s the link:
5. Create a Valentine’s Day Banner: One of the beautiful parts about stenciling is the versatility and options that just one stencil can bring. Grab a blank banner from Target or Hobby Lobby and use one of your many stencils to spread out a Valentine’s Day message. Whether it is simple “XO” or another Hello Valentine to repurpose the stencil above, there are unlimited options for a quick and simple craft that will make your Valentine’s Day more glamorous. You can make one to hang in your own home, to string between trees on a romantic picnic or to hang in the bathroom for when your love wakes up. The possibilities are endless!
6. Spell it out for them with a sign: Just like this sign that our professional crafter Allie Kailey created, you can make a sign that says I love you. You can make something that is geared toward Valentine’s Day, or one that can be kept up all year round. This classic creation will remind your person of how much they are loved every time they see it, and you will have fun making it for them!
7. Craft a coupon: Everybody loves a homemade coupon that they can cash in. Though relatively inexpensive, this gift show how well you know someone as you customize coupons to include all of their favorite things. Adorn one side with a Valentine’s Day stencil from our collection, while the other spells out what the coupon is good for. Whether it is a candlelit dinner, a foot rub or a day off of chores- your Valentine will feel extra loved when they receive this gift!
8. Speak the love language of food: This last month, Bruce- one of our wonderful WallCutz owners- posted a challenge in the WallCutz Facebook Community. It involved a speed round of baking and serving someone you love. What do you get someone who has everything? Homemade treats. Rae Couch rose to the challenge and baked this so fast- and we loved seeing the love that was spread. To make it romantic and even more special, we would suggest crafting a plate with a stenciled quote on it or adding one of the homemade cards we mentioned above. Needless to say, the recipient will feel not only fed, but extra loved.
We hope that this blog post has sparked some creativity in you of how you can show love to the people in your lives. While you don’t need a holiday to do so, Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to go out of your way and say I love you. We hope that through the hard times these past couple of years has brought, spreading some extra love can brighten your day as well as the people you serve! Happy Valentine’s Day crafters.